Code of Conduct¶
In conjunction with CyVerse Policies for using CyVerse cyberinfrastructure, this Code of Conduct applies to all Event participants and their activities while using CyVerse resources and/or attending the Event.
CyVerse is dedicated to providing professional computational research and educational experiences for all of our users, regardless of domain focus, academic status, educational level, gender/gender identity/expression, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), technology choices, dietary preferences, or any other personal characteristic.
When using CyVerse or participating at an Event, we expect you to:
- Interact with others and use CyVerse professionally and ethically by complying with our Policies.
- Constructively critize ideas and processes, not people.
- Follow the Golden Rule (treat others as you want to be treated) when interacting online or in-person with collaborators, trainers, and support staff.
- Comply with this Code in spirit as much as the letter, as it is neither exhaustive nor complete in identifying any and all possible unacceptable conduct.
We do not tolerate harassment of other users or staff in any form (including, but not limited to, violent threats or language, derogatory language or jokes, doxing, insults, advocating for or encouraging any of these behaviors). Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate at any time (excludes Protected Health Information in compliance with HIPAA). Any user violating this Code may be expelled from the platform and the workshop at CyVerse’s sole discretion without warning.
To report a violation of this Code, directly message a trainer via Slack or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your contact information
- Names (real, username, pseudonyms) of any individuals involved, and or witness(es) if any.
- Your account of what occurred and if the incident is ongoing. If there is a publicly available record (a tweet, public chat log, etc.), please include a link or attachment.
- Any additional information that may be helpful in resolving the issue.
Fix or improve this documentation: