Using Search in the Discovery Environment¶
Use Search from anywhere in the Discovery Environment to find Data, Apps, and Analyses. The Search box is located at the top of the page.
Searching Data, Apps, and Analyses in the Discovery Environment¶
To search, you do not need to be logged in, however you must log in to perform any tasks with data, apps or analyses.
- In the Search box, start typing at least the first three characters of the name of the item of interest. Search will automatically begin (within the default “All” resources) once you have typed three or more characters of the item name.
- Search results will be displayed as a dropdown list grouped by Apps, Analyses, or Data.
To limit your search to just Apps or Analyses or Data, click the dropdown arrow on the right side of the Search box and select the desired filter.
- Click on the desired result from the listing.
Only the top 10 results are shown by default. To see all the results associated with a search term, including “Community Data” or “Shared with Me” results for Data, hit the enter key after the search term or select the option similar to View all analyses results for fasta from the results dropdown.
Fix or improve this documentation
- Search for an answer: CyVerse Learning Center
- Ask us for help: click on the lower right-hand side of the page
- Report an issue or submit a change: Github Repo Link
- Send feedback: learning@CyVerse.org