Launching an Analysis Job¶
When you are ready to analyze data, you can select from one of several hundred applications in the Discovery Environment. We will cover the minimum you need to launch an analysis using some sample data. In this example, we will use the Muscle multiple sequence aligner app, to align some DNA sequences.
|Unaligned DNA sequence reads||One or more sequences in FASTA format||DE_sample_plants.fas|
Discovery Environment App(s):
|App name||Version||Description||App link||Notes/other links|
|Muscle||3.8.31||Multiple sequence aligner||Muscle 3.8.31|
- Dots: Show additional links including “App info”, “Add to Favorites”, and “Comments”.
- App Info: Information about the App including short description. user manual, number of successful analyses, date of last use, URL link to App
- Comment: Add comments/feedback on the App
- Add to Favorite: Add to your list of favorite Apps
- Rating: Rate the app, and see current community rating (may indicate how many others liked the App)
- Unavailable: App is disabled; may be outdated, unavailable due to maintenance. Contact email@example.com for help using these
- Beta: App is in beta testing (leave feedback if you use!)
- Private: Application is not public and not visible by all users
Example Discovery Environment Analysis: Multiple sequence alignment with MUSCLE¶
If necessary, login to the https://de.cyverse.org/de/.
Click Apps from the DE workspace; search for MUSCLE 3.8.31 or click this link: Muscle 3.8.31. (Tip: when using the link in this guide, the Muscle app may start behind other open windows in the DE)
Under “Select Input data” click Browse, then navigate to and select DE_sample_plants.fas; then click OK.
(Location: Community Data > cyverse_training > platform_guides > discovery_environment > muscle_3_8_31 > 01_muscle_input)
Under “Sequence Type”, select DNA.
Under Resource Requirements leave the default settings. If required, some analyses may be launched with requests for more resources, but this may cause those analyses to wait longer in the submission queue until a node that matches those minimum requirements becomes available.
Click Launch Analysis. You will receive a notification and the Muscle App window will close.
Fix or improve this documentation
- Search for an answer: CyVerse Learning Center
- Ask us for help: click on the lower right-hand side of the page
- Report an issue or submit a change: |Github Repo Link|
- Send feedback: Tutorials@CyVerse.org