The Discovery Environment (DE) was designed to be an all-purpose bioinformatics workbench – tailored to the needs of biologists who have data to analyze but who may not have command line expertise. Many popular bioinformatics analyses and workflows (e.g. genome assembly, RNA-Seq, phylogeny methods, GWAS, etc.) can be done from start to finish within the DE.
Some things to remember about the DE
- Your analyses are not limited by your computer. All computation in the Discovery Environment runs on CyVerse resources. You can connect from your laptop or phone and run jobs large and small.
- Once you launch a job it will run until completion. You can logout once a job is run; by default, you will get an email notification when the job completes.
Logging in to the Discovery Environment¶
- Log into the Discovery Environment at https://de.cyverse.org/de/.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it at the CyVerse User Portal https://user.cyverse.org/
If you get stuck or need help, you can initiate a live chat session. Click the Intercom icon (lower-right screen) to initiate a session. If no CyVerse staff is available, leave a message and we will get back to you by email.
Fix or improve this documentation
- Search for an answer: CyVerse Learning Center
- Ask us for help: click on the lower right-hand side of the page
- Report an issue or submit a change: |Github Repo Link|
- Send feedback: Tutorials@CyVerse.org